Dr. Derek Jones - Dermatology Research in Los Angeles
Due to his extensive experience researching in the field of cosmetic and general dermatology, Dr. Jones is one of the most sought-after researchers to perform FDA trials on newer noninvasive cosmetic technologies. His research has led to the FDA approval of the leading wrinkle filler, Juvederm, and to the eyelash growth product Latisse. He has a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to clinical trials and research. Dr. Jones has written more than 50 peer reviewed articles and has presented more than 200 scholarly lectures on the research findings at professional meeting around the globe. He is currently testing the latest generation of muscle relaxant toxins, dermal fillers, and lasers with more than 100 patients enrolled in the studies. His team and he work diligently from Beverly Hills to remain at the forefront of research and technology.
Dr. Derek Jones is a Pioneer in His Field
If you are ready to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jones for the treatment of your choice, you can request a consultation with us online or call our office at 310-246-0495 for more information.
- Investigator, Rodenstock, Inc. Pre-market study of the clinical utility and applications of computerized, digital microscopy in the detection of malignant melanoma. 2000-2001.
- Prinicpal Investigator, Abgenix and Quintiles: Protocol ABX-0204: Part II. A two part, multi-center, randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled, multiple dose clinical trial of ABX-IL8 (a monoclonal antibody IL-8 inhibitor) in patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis. 2001-2002.
- Principal Investigator, TEVA Pharmaceuticals. A Multi-Center, Double-Blind Placebo Controlled, Parallel Group Study Comparing Bioequivalence 2 Formulations of Metronidazole Gel 0.075% for Rosacea. 2001-2002.
- Investigator, RJ Development, Peabody, MA. FDA study investigator for SilSkin (highly purified 1000 cs silicone oil) in treating nasolabial folds, mid-malar depressions, oral commissures, and HIV associated facial lipoatrophy. 2001.
- Principal Investigator, Inamed/Allergan. Investigator for FDA trials on a new family of hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm™). 2004-2006.
- Principal Investigator, Merz Pharmaceuticals. Investigator for FDA trials on a new hyaluronic acid filler (Beletero™). 2006-2008.
- Principal Investigator, Allergan. FDA trials on topical bimatoprost solution for eyelash growth. 2007-2008.
- Principal Investigator, Allergan. FDA trials for hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm™) for perioral and lip rejuvenation. 2007-2008.
- Principal Investigator, Merz Pharmaceuticals. Investigator for FDA trials on a new hyaluronic acid filler (Beltero Soft ™) for treatment of mild nasolabial folds. 2008.
- Principal Investigator, Merz Pharmaceuticals. Investigator for FDA trials on botulinum toxin A (NT 201) for treatment of glabellar furrows. 2008-present.
- Lead Investigator, Allergan. Investigator for FDA trials on a new hyaluronic acid (Voluma™) for treatment of midface lipoatrophy. 2007-present.
- Lead Investigator, Merz. Pivitol FDA trials on MDF-100 alginate filler for nasolabial folds. 2009-present.
- Principle Investigator, Galderma. Pivotal FDA trials on a new hyaluronic acid filler, Emervel. 2010-present.
- Lead Investigator, Phase 4 Investigator Initiated Trial on Combination of Botox Cosmetic and Juvederm Ultra for Brow Enhancement. 2010-2011.
- Principle Investigator, Kythera. Phase 3 study of ATX-101 (sodium deoxycholate injection) versus placebo for the reduction of localized subcutaneous fat in the submental area. 2012.
- Principle Investigator, Lithera.Phase 2 study of LIPO-202 (salmeterol xinafoate (SX)) versus placebo for the reduction of localized subcutaneous fat in the abdomen area. 2013.
- Principal Investigator, Allergan. Phase 3 study of Latisse (topical bimatoprost solution) versus placebo for eyebrow growth. 2013.