Dr. Derek Jones - Dermatology Research in Los Angeles
Due to his extensive experience researching in the field of cosmetic and general dermatology, Dermatologist Dr. Derek Jones is one of the most sought-after researchers to perform FDA trials on newer noninvasive cosmetic technologies. He has served as a Principal Investigator on many clinical trials in facial aesthetics that lead to the approval of JUVEDERM®, JUVEDERM® ULTRA PLUS, BELOTERO®, LATISSE® and XEOMIN®. He was also Lead Investigator on the FDA study for Kybella™ and JUVEDERM VOLUMA™. In addition, Dr. Jones has conducted investigations into the cosmetic effects of a number of botulinum toxins, including BOTOX® Cosmetic.
He has a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to clinical trials and research. Dr. Jones has written more than 100 peer-reviewed articles and has presented more than 300 scholarly lectures on the research findings at professional meeting around the globe. He is currently testing the latest generation of muscle relaxant toxins, dermal fillers, and lasers with more than 100 patients enrolled in the studies. His team works diligently from Beverly Hills to remain at the forefront of research and technology.
Leading the Curve of Innovation:
Dr. Jones and his physician
associates have pioneered research
that lead directly to
U.S. market approval
of today's most popular injectables
including Botox®, Voluma®,
Juvederm®, Kybella®, Belotero®,
and many more.
Dr. Derek Jones is a Pioneer in His Field
If you are ready to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jones for the treatment of your choice, you can request a consultation with us online or call our office at 310-246-0495 for more information.
- Lead Investigator, Investigator for FDA approval on VOLUMA™ for treatment of age related midface lipoatrophy. Allergan. 2007-2013.
- Lead Investigator, Phase 3 study of KYBELLA (sodium deoxycholate injection) versus placebo for the reduction of localized subcutaneous fat in the submental area. Kythera. 2012-2014
- Lead Investigator, Investigator Initiated Trial on Combination of Botox Cosmetic and Juvederm Ultra for Brow Enhancement. 2010-2011.
- Principal Investigator, Investigator for FDA approval on a new family of Juvederm™. Allergan. 2004-2006
- Principal Investigator, Investigator for FDA approval on BELOTERO Soft™ for treatment of mild nasolabial folds. Merz Pharmaceuticals 2008
- Principal Investigator, Investigator for FDA approval on a new hyaluronic acid filler BELOTERO™. Merz Pharmaceuticals. 2006-2008
- Principal Investigator, Investigator for FDA approval on XEOMIN for treatment of glabellar furrows. Merz Pharmaceuticals. 2008-2011.
- Principal Investigator, Study to investigate the equivalence of Xeomin to Botox in the treatment of glabellar frown lines. Merz Pharmaceuticals. 2013-2014
- Principal Investigator, Study of ATX-101 for the reduction of localized subcutaneous fat in the submental area in subjects with clinician reported submental fat rating scale grade 1 or grade 4. Kythera. 2013-2015
- Principal Investigator, FDA approval on Latisse solution for eyelash growth. Allergan. 2007-2008
- Principal Investigator, FDA approval for Juvederm™ for perioral and lip rejuvenation. Allergan. 2007-2008
- Principle Investigator, FDA approval of Restylane Refyne. Galderma. 2010.
- Principle Investigator, Study of LIPO-202 (salmeterol xinafoate (SX)) versus placebo for the reduction of localized subcutaneous fat in the abdomen area. Lithera. 2013-2014
- Principal Investigator, Study of Latisse versus placebo for eyebrow growth. Allergan. 2013-2014
- Principal Investigator, Study of efficacy of DWP-450 for treatment of moderate-to-severe glabellar lines. Evolus. June 2014-September 2016
- Principal Investigator, Study of DWP-450 for treatment of moderate-to-severe glabellar lines. Evolus. June 2014-October 2016
- Principal Investigator, Post approval study of Radiesse for the Treatments of Hands with Moderate to Very Severe Dorsal Volume Loss. Merz Pharmaceuticals. February 2016-Present
- Principal Investigator, Randomized Double-Blinded, Placebo Controlled, Muli-Center Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy and Duration of Effect of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injections to Treat Moderate to Severe Glabellar Lines. Revance. 2017-2018
- Principal Investigator, An Open-Label Multi-Center to Assess the Safety of Single and Repeat Treatments of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection for Treatment of Moderate to Severe Glabellar Lines. Revance. 2017-2018
- Principal Investigator, A Multicenter, Open-Label, Prospective Study of Cannula Injection of Restylane Lyft with Lidocaine for Cheek Augmentation and the Correction of Age Related Midface Contour Deficiencies. Galderma. 2017
- Principal Investigator, A Multicenter, Single-Blind, Randomized, Controlled Study of the Safety and Effectiveness of JUVEDERM VOLUMA XC Injectable Gel for Cheek Augmentation using Cannula. Allergan 2018
- Investigator, Pre-market study of the clinical utility and applications of computerized, digital microscopy in the detection of malignant melanoma. Rodenstock, Inc. 2000-2001
- Principal Investigator, Abgenix and Quintiles: Protocol ABX-0204: Part II. A two part, multi-center, randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled, multiple dose clinical trial of ABX-IL8 (a monoclonal antibody IL-8 inhibitor) in patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis. 2001-2002
- Principal Investigator, A Multi-Center, Double-Blind Placebo Controlled, Parallel Group Study Comparing Bioequivalence 2 Formulations of Metronidazole Gel 0.075% for Rosacea. TEVA Pharmaceuticals. 2001-2002
- Investigator, FDA study investigator for SilSkin (highly purified 1000 cs silicone oil) in treating nasolabial folds, mid-malar depressions, oral commissures, and HIV associated facial lipoatrophy. RJ Development, Peabody, MA. 2001