Juvéderm® for Los Angeles and Beverly Hills
Learn More About ULTRA® and ULTRA® PLUS
Dermal fillers are amazingly versatile. Some address fine lines in specific areas of the face, while others add volume to larger regions, changing thin lips and unsatisfying contours into fuller, more youthful ones. JUVÉDERM® ULTRA at the Los Angeles area's Skin Care and Laser Physicians of Beverly Hills can handle either need, with two formulations to choose from.
ULTRA and ULTRA PLUS are different forms of the same popular hyaluronic acid-based filler, JUVÉDERM®. Dr. Derek Jones served as principal investigator on the clinical trial leading to the FDA's approval of JUVÉDERM® ULTRA PLUS, so he has a thorough understanding of the injectable's various applications, as well as how best to use it to create a customized treatment plan for each patient. Whether employed as a standalone procedure for a small touch-up or incorporated into a larger regimen that includes other injectables and cosmetics, ULTRA® is a common choice for patients who want to get a more youthful look.
Why Dr. Jones?
- He's an innovator in the field of non-surgical facial rejuvenation.
- He served as Lead Investigator on the JUVEDERM VOLUMA™ XC study, and as an investigator on the BOTOX® crow's feet clinical study that led to FDA approval for both.
- He created the Dr. Derek Jones Facial Harmonics™ Approach.
Honored with the Black Diamond status for facial fillers by Allergan Pharmaceuticals, maker of JUVÉDERM®, Dr. Jones is recognized among the top 1% of JUVÉDERM® providers in the nation. He served as a principal investigator more than 10 years ago on the original JUVÉDERM® trial that led to FDA approval of the No. 1 dermal filler in the nation.
ULTRA® vs. ULTRA® PLUS
The different versions of JUVÉDERM® are designed to address specific conditions with precision and deliver natural-looking results. The difference is in the cross-linking process that yields the injectable's distinctly smooth consistency.
- The JUVÉDERM ULTRA® formulation is made up of softer, smaller molecules ideal for filling in moderate folds around the mouth, as well as plumping up the lips themselves. The long-lasting silky gel provides a subtle change. Results can last from about nine months to a year, making this a long-lasting option for patients who want to freshen up their face.
- The JUVÉDERM ULTRA PLUS® formulation is made up of medium-sized molecules perfect for reducing the appearance of deeper folds. For this reason, the thicker gel is injected deeper into the skin and provides more dramatic results. These results can remain for a year, providing confidence to patients who want to know that their smoother look will last.
Patients who want to maintain their look can return for maintenance and touch-up appointments. Dermatologist Dr. Derek Jones will suggest a schedule that maximizes results with minimal interference to your daily routine.
Get more general information about another dermal filler, Restylane®.
Dr. Jones pioneered
The Derek Jones Facial Harmonics™
that he teaches worldwide, in which
both Drs. Wesley and Black
are highly trained and experienced,
ensuring their patients remain
looking natural and refreshed.
Don't Forget VOLUMA®
A third member of the JUVÉDERM® family, VOLUMA®, is used to add volume to the mid-face region, more commonly referred to as the "apple," where age-related volume loss can lead to flattened cheeks, sagging, and hollows.
Dr. Derek Jones and his team are prepared to work with you to make sure you get the right treatment to deliver the results you are looking for, whether that includes plumper lips, a new contour for your cheeks, fewer folds and wrinkles, or all of the above.